"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."

--An ancient Chinese belief

Author: Unknown



Jewell Ming

Jewell Ming
Our Oldest Daughter Waiting in China

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful

This is my official first post.....nothing exciting to say but nonetheless important. These past few months and especially this past week has been full of lots of different emotions...from excitement, to fear, to warm fuzzies, to shear panic. But as I left this morning for the airport I felt so thankful. I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring from friends and family. The outpouring of help, of prayers, of words of encouragement, phone calls, texts,fb messages....from old friends, from neighbors, new cyber friends, from the Estée Lauder lady from Macy's that called me to wish me well, to the clerk at Target that asked my name so she could pray for my family. I am especially thankful for my solid rock of a husband who will, undoubtedly, keep things running smoothly at home and for my beautiful mom who will help care for my boys while I'm gone. For my dear friends that will provide extra help with the kids and bring FOOD! Ya know....Paul just might like this! Don't spoil him too much! Seriously, I.AM.IN.AWE of how blessed I am by the people around me. I have to say that sitting on this plane, flying half way around the world to bring home two children that have never had a family makes me feel very, very, small and humble. People say "you are a special person to do such a thing" but the scary truth is that there is nothing particularly special about me....still, here I go.....just little ol' me...and yet I know that only by God's good graces and the love and support of all of you, will these two precious girls finally know the love of a family, their very own family....forever....with a all the joy and chaos that comes with it. I love you all!

Sent from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute of the journey. It truly is a trip of a lifetime! Praying for a wonderful journey, an easy adjustment, and wonderful memories and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels, friend. Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well spoken, Angela! I am so happy for you right now!

    ReplyDelete