"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."

--An ancient Chinese belief

Author: Unknown



Jewell Ming

Jewell Ming
Our Oldest Daughter Waiting in China

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Update

Sorry for taking so long with this post! I have been without Internet.....in fact I still am but I will get this through somehow. First just let me say....I love them....both of them. They are doing so well and I couldn't ask for anything more. Prayers answered! So far! I know we are only two days in and I expect some bumps in the road ahead but for now all is well.

I don't have pictures to share of "gotcha day" because we took them all on the regular camera and I cant post with the iPad. It was fast and furious and a bit unnerving. Ming wasn't there when we arrived and we had to wait a bit for her. This was worrisome as I was afraid she had changed her mind or was having a tough time. They eventually decided to bring me XiaoSi by herself, and I am so thankful. It gave us a few minutes with her and her nannies. She was NOT happy about this idea and she cried quite a bit......especially when her nannies left. I tried to distract her but she really just needed to cry it out a bit and my futile attempts to comfort her were rejected. She even gently pushed my hand away once or twice. But that's ok! I'm happy with that. Ming arrived before the nannies left and we greeted with big warm hugs! She was all smiles and she then focused on XiaoSi which was a great distraction for her and the awkwardness and uncertainty. She is truly a gem! Ming is sweet and very helpful. She loves basketball and played on the school team, she is a good runner, plays the flute, loves music and she knows sign language. She even put on a music cd and sang a couple songs to me later in the evening in the hotel room. She has a whole book of handwritten song lyrics.

It was a very long day and we were all very tired. I wasn't sure how bedtime would go. Ming wanted XiaoSi to sleep in her bed and I was okay with that but some would say its not a good idea as attachment issues go and to be careful of having an older child wanting to parent the younger. But as I expected, XiaoSi started crying and I then scooped her up and rocked her to sleep. Okay, it wasn't quite that romantic cause she made a couple of mad dashes to the door and wanted to leave! But then she settled into my lap and fell fast asleep. They both slept all night and I woke up to this.........

5 comments:

  1. ADORABLE:) Makes you just want to scoop her up and love on her:) Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I am sitting at my desk at work looking at your post and just crying. This is all so wonderful. I can't wait to meet the girls. Tell them they have a good friend waiting to meet them in the US. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. We can't wait to go to China to finalize adoption of Kangnan Dang "Danny" Hopkins! If you can get to a store that sells Apple products, you can get the "Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit" which will allow you to connect your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your blog! It's so good to follow along! Your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crying, too Ang!! I can't wait to meet the girls when they get settled in. They are so loved and blessed!

    ReplyDelete